Welcome to ASK Physio in Stevenage
Award winning physiotherapy with a difference…
Physiotherapy is a skilled profession that enables people to maximise their potential in health and well-being. Physiotherapists treat pain and dysfunction within the neuromusculoskeletal system (nerves, bones, muscles and joints). By treating dysfunction and pain, Physiotherapists enable people to achieve their goals, whether it’s being able to return to the gym, do the vacuuming, play football in the garden with your children or competing in a marathon or sports event.
Why choose ASK Physio?
Members of staff at ASK Physio are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy and are also registered with the HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council). Having spent the bulk of our career to date working in the NHS, this has enabled us to develop excellent links with local GPs and Consultants from both Lister Hospital and Pinehill Hospital, enabling to communicate effectively with your Doctor if necessary.
At ASK Physio, we love being physiotherapists. We spend longer with our patients on initial consultation than other clinics locally. We spend time with our patients explaining and answering any questions you have. We receive regular feedback that the experience at ASK Physio is different.
In October 2015, Sarah Kinsella, owner of ASK Physio, won ‘best businesswoman in health and wellness’ in October 2015 at the Best Business Women awards. ASK Physio were also finalists in the ‘best customer service’ category.
In November 2014, we won the ‘best new business’ award at the Hertfordshire Business Awards. Recognition for our excellent customer service.
Since opening our doors in June 2013, nearly 400 people have chosen to come to ASK Physio. Our average number of treatment sessions per patient is currently at 4.7. Between the three Physiotherapists at ASK Physio, we have nearly 50 years of experience treating patients with a wide range of conditions, both in the NHS and the private sector. Our extensive ‘patient mileage’ means that we are highly experienced clinicians, with a wealth of knowledge and expertise.
75% of our referrals come from word of mouth recommendation, whether it’s from an orthopaedic consultant or GP (20%), a previous ASK Physio patient (18%) or from other health care professionals (37%). We get 25 % of our referrals though people finding us on Google.
Services and treatments on offer at Ask Physio
At ASK Physio we have a range of clinical experience, treating people of all ages including children and teenagers, for a number of clinical conditions. We are able to offer a range of services and treatments including Physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Hydrotherapy and exercise rehabilitation classes, all conveniently located within Stevenage.
Our philosophy is to treat our patients how we would want to be treated ourselves. We actively encourage you to ASK questions about your condition/pain, we will spend time giving you an explanation of your dysfunction, condition or pain. If we do not think that we can help you, we will do our best to help you find someone who can.
All staff at ASK place great importance on keeping up to date with developments within the Physiotherapy world. We attend courses regularly to update our skills.
Read our testimonials to see what our patients say about us.
Hydrotherapy at ASK Physio.
Hydrotherapy is no longer available on the NHS locally, since the closure of the hydrotherapy pool at the Lister Hospital in 2010. ASK Physio is the only clinic in the North Herts area that is able to offer Hydrotherapy as a service. Hydrotherapy is carried out at David Lloyd on Stevenage Leisure park or Putteridge Bury Pool in between Luton and Hitchin. To find out more about hydrotherapy go to the Hydrotherapy Homepage.
What Our Clients Say
- My daughter with hypermobility was given a program of exercises from Sarah, I was amazed at how quickly she improved! Sarah is friendly, patient, and really clear with her instructions, I cannot recommend her and ASK Physio highly enough!
- Sarah listens to what you say and makes you feel very comfortable and at ease. I have absolute confidence in her treatment and particularly like her hands on approach
- The hydrotherapy has definitely improved the bend in my knee, Sarah Kinsella is very professional and supportive
- An excellent experience, 10/10 all round…A thorough analysis of the problem after a detailed assessment. I had tried a number of physios for the same problem with no success. Sarah surpassed all my expectations
- Gina took a thorough history and through a combination of tissue release, exercises and acupuncture, my shoulder has improved immensely. Great advice for a knee problem too. Very happy customer.
- As a former G.P. there are many aspects of Sarah Perry’s approach that impress me. Firstly she took a full general medical history followed by a history, Secondly she performed an appropriate examination relevant to my symptoms. Finally she treated my spine without recourse to electrical gadgets. She spent time teaching me exercises and ensuring that I fully understood them and followed them up with an email. I feel confident that she highly professional and competent.
- Acupuncture and hydrotherapy with staff from ASK Physio have improved my core strength considerably and lowered my pain levels making it possible for me to remain mobile, despite fibromyalgia coupled to arthritis and serious back problems. Recently, I have been able to delay hip replacement surgery, aided, in my Consultants opinion, to this strengthening regime and pain relief.
- Staff from ASK Physio have been helping me on the road to recovery since my motorbike accident 9 months ago in which I broke my leg. After seeing several physios over this time I was so impressed with the knowledge and care of the staff at ASK Physio, I now refuse to see anybody else! The combination of hydro and land therapy is a must for anybody with lower limb injuries. I cannot recommend ASK Physio enough.
- I went to Sarah from ASK Physio initially for hydro treatment and then progressed onto land based physio. She is professional and charming, making sessions effective and enjoyable. Hydro was perfect in the first few weeks after my injury (broken shoulder) and the subsequent land sessions helped regain my range of movement. I have no hesitation in recommending Sarah at ASK to anyone needing physio.
- Following an accident in which I broke both of my legs very badly, staff at ASK Physio were instrumental in getting me back on my feet and helping me to get my legs working again. I was very incapacitated for a while but used to really look forward to the sessions both on land and in the pool. The staff at ASK Physio are understanding and encouraging. The sessions were sometimes demanding but always worthwhile and I felt the benefits almost immediately after starting treatment. I cannot recommend ASK Physio highly enough.
- Following a total knee replacement, hydrotherapy has helped me regain confidence and improve muscle strength in a way that is both enjoyable and invigorating. Sarah is highly professional, has clear outcome goals and has encouraged me to work on my own to her exercise program. Importantly, she keeps in touch with my consultant and physiotherapists to ensure a comprehensive post-operative treatment program
- Fibromyalgia is an unpleasant, painful and complex condition which requires the highest of skills to maintain mobility, pain reduction and a positive outlook in the patient. Sarah has successfully treated a member of my family for many months in the hydrotherapy pool. I am grateful to her and impressed with the quality of her professional skills.
- Sarah's hydrotherapy sessions have brought me great relief & improved flexibility. Sarah was recommended to me 2 years ago after I'd undergone a left knee replacement and was having problems bending my knee. Having recently had surgery on my right knee, I could hardly wait to return. I have received individual 'land' treatment in addition to individual and group hydrotherapy. I find the combination not only beneficial towards recovery but also an enjoyable and therapeutic experience which gives a freedom of movement previously not possible. I really do recommend hydrotherapy.
- A friend recommended that I go for Hydrotherapy following my hip and ankle fractures. I quickly became more confident and more able to do things after starting my sessions. Anyone who has a mobility or strength problem, should try Hydrotherapy. My abilities improved, my frustration lessened and my confidence grew. I cannot recommend strongly enough that you consider Hydrotherapy as an option. My advice, give Sarah a ring.
- The staff from ASK Physio spend time explaining things to you so that you understand your condition. I found their knowledge and expertise second to none, and their hands on treatment excellent. I have now fully recovered from my knee injury.
- ASK Physio were wonderful with my daughter who has hypermobility syndrome. Their knowledge on the condition was so much better than any other Physio we had seen. My daughter really took to her Therapist. She is now doing well on the program that has been specifically designed for her. Thank-you ASK Physio!