Sarah Kinsella – Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist
Sarah qualified at the University of Hertfordshire in 1996. She began work as a Junior Physiotherapist at the Lister Hospital in Stevenage the same year. Sarah started working for the NHS in 1996, building good relationships with local GPs and consultants. She has also worked privately since 1998. In 2001 Sarah took on the role at the Lister of managing the hydrotherapy pool, and when the Lister pool closed in 2010, she set up a private hydrotherapy service, which she runs from the pool at David Lloyd in Stevenage. Sarah left the NHS in November 2013 to concentrate on working at and managing ASK Physio.
Sarah lives in Stevenage with her husband and two young children. She enjoys spending time with her family and keeping fit and healthy. She is a keen cyclist, cycling from London to Paris in 2014, and has also completed a half marathon and sprint distance triathlon.
Gina Wall – Highly Specialist Physiotherapist
Gina Wall qualified in 2006 at Oxford Brookes University. Since then she has worked within the NHS, and is now a part time Highly Specialist Physiotherapist at The Royal Free Hospital in London, working in the Chronic Fatigue service. Gina started working in the private sector in 2009. In February 2017 Gina was awarded a distinction and merit in her Masters’ degree in Pain Management, at Cardiff University. Gina has been working at ASK Physio since November 2013.
In her spare time, Gina has 16 animals to care for and likes to ride her horses and compete in dressage events.
Sarah Perry – Highly Specialist Physiotherapist
Sarah qualified at the Middlesex Hospital School of Physiotherapy and University College London in 1995.
She has worked in various settings including NHS hospitals and community trusts, and since 2002 in private hospitals and clinics. Consequently she treats a wide range of conditions including sports injuries, work related injuries and post-operative rehabilitation, general aches and pains etc. She is also a member of The Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists
Sarah has a special interest in ergonomics and work related injuries. She is a member of The Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Occupational Health and Ergonomics and is also able to undertake office workstation risk assessments in offices and in homes for home workers.
Sarah has undertaken further training in Aquatic Therapy and works with Sarah Kinsella at the pool at David Lloyd doing hydrotherapy sessions in Stevenage.
Outside work, Sarah likes to spend time with her family and is kept busy by her three boys!
Helen Czech – Sports Therapist
Helen first qualified in sports massage in 2011 at Bedford University. She is also a fitness instructor and personal trainer and has worked at other physiotherapy clinics in Hertfordshire, working with elite athletes and also with the London Broncos rugby team.
In 2014 Helen completed her degree in Sports Therapy. She has worked at ASK Physio since June 2014.
In her spare time, Helen likes to keep fit, and is a keen runner as well as enjoying skiing and snowboarding.
Nicki Combarro - Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist
Nicki qualified at the University of Hertfordshire in 1996 with a BSc (Hons) in Physiotherapy and completed an MSc in Sports Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation in 2002.
In 1999 Nicki set up a Bodybalance Physiotherapy clinic, a private clinic based at the University of Hertfordshire to provide physiotherapy to the local sporting population and general community. Nicki has also worked for the MOD and became a Consultant Physiotherapist at The English Institute of Sport, where she was responsible for treating elite athletes.
Over the past 15 years, Nicki has been involved in a multitude of international sporting events. She was a proud member of Team GB at the Rio and London Olympics and was part of England’s Commonwealth Games Team at Glasgow 2014, Delhi 2010, Melbourne 2006 and Manchester 2002. Nicki will be continuing her representative work by joining Team GB at the Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang in 2018.
In 2016, Nicki left the Bodybalance clinic to focus on her work with sport and also spending more time with her family. She became a member of the ASK Physio team in October 2016 on her return from the Rio Olympics.
When she is not juggling sporting events and work, Nicki lives with her husband and her two children. She enjoys running and cycling and in 2013 she completed the Barcelona Challenge, an Ironman distance triathlon in 14 hours.
Charlie Humber – Highly Specialist Physiotherapist
Charlie Humber qualified in 2005 at Brunel University, having previously gained a Sports and Exercise Science degree in 2002 from Sheffield Hallam University. Charlie has a wealth of experience, having previously worked as a Specialist Physiotherapist the NHS, and working with both professional and recreational sports teams. She has worked in private practice since 2012 and has a keen interest in sports related injuries. Charlie also has a particular interest in acupuncture.
Charlie enjoys spending time with her husband and two young children, as well as playing hockey for Letchworth 1st XI.
Sam Dunn – Senior Physiotherapist / Sports Massage Therapist
Sam first qualified as a Sports Therapist at the University of Hertfordshire in 2010. Since then, she has worked with a number of rugby clubs in Hertfordshire including Hertfordshire County Rugby Club.
Sam became employed as a Physiotherapy Technician in the NHS in 2013, working with Sarah K, Sarah P and Gina. She quickly realised that her goal was to pursue a career as a qualified physiotherapist. She returned to study at the University of Essex and qualified as Chartered Physiotherapist in 2014. She has since worked for the NHS and completed her junior rotations in each speciality. Sam has recently specialised in musculoskeletal conditions becoming a Senior Physiotherapist at the Royal Free London NHS Trust.
Sam started working at ASK Physio in 2016, providing both sports massage and physiotherapy.
In her spare time Sam enjoys spending time with family and friends, keeping active and baking.
Colette Preston –Administrator
Colette started work with ASK Physio on an ad hoc basis in November 2014 but became a permanent fixture at ASK in June 2015 as a part time administrator. Colette has a combined honours degree in Business Administration, Information Systems and Law. Previously, Colette worked in the investment banking sector, working for Barclays Global Investors and Blackrock. She provides the administrative support for Sarah and the team to make sure the clinic runs smoothly on a day to day basis.
Colette lives in Stevenage with her husband and two sons. In her spare time she is a keen reader and enjoys meeting with her fellow Book Club members.
Professionalism and professional accreditation.
As members of both the CSP (Chartered Society of Physiotherapy) and the HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) we are bound by their standards and codes of conduct. This includes strict patient confidentiality.
CSP- Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
HCPC- Health and Care Professions Council
AACP – Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists
ATACP – Aquatic Therapy Association of Chartered Physiotherapists
PhysioFirst – Members of Physio First – a specialist group for Chartered Physiotherapists in private practice.
Member of the London and South East Hypermobility Network for Professionals
Registered with most major health insurance providers - please contact us to check if we are registered with your health insurance provider.
What our clients say...
- Ask Physio have polite Knowledgeable staff who have helped me with my back problem within a few appointments. 100% happy and definitely be back in the future. Highly recommend.
- Fantastic friendly service, offering bespoke personal treatments, all very professional.
- I would definitely be in touch with Ask physio at the first sign of a problem. I found the girls were very professional and were able to help me instantly. Sarah explained what she thought was the problem and helped me cope with the problem. Would recommend to anyone.
- Have known Ask Physio since before it started as a business and have had the best possible Physio from the team - including hydrotherapy, acupuncture, manipulation etc for me and my family . The team members are hard working honest people with a very efficient and pleasant manner
- Ask Physio is simply brilliant.
- Excellent service thank you very much
- Excellent caring treatment.
- Thank You, you treated me as a valued individual and certainly not as a customer. Everyone was extremely knowledgable, patient, efficient and most kind to me . Gina, Sarah and in fact everyone have been quite simply a God send to me.
- After suffering with a bad knee for some time and not receiving any treatment via my doctor Sarah diagnosed the problem immediately. She recognised that although the treatment she gave helped it could only be temporary and referred me via the doctor to hospital. It successful operation followed.
- I have used Ask Physio before my spinal surgery and after ... I was made to feal at ease and treated with such kindness and respect with no judgement which is great .. they have provided me with information suitable for my needs to help improve my condition and big big thank you to Sarah Perry .
- Had so much help for migraine/neuralgia. Would always use Ask Physio again.
- Great service and Sarah was so pleasent, friendly and helpful
- I was seen very quickly, treated with kindness and felt confident about the expert care I received.
- Sarah Kinsella and her Team have helped me in so many ways with their expertise. Hydrotherapy to help flexibility because of my Parkinson's, acupuncture and deep tissue massage that is ongoing and effective! All the team members always friendly, caring, respectful and so very good at what they do! Thank you all so much.
- Overall I was very impressed with my treatment at Ask Physio and I have recommended them to a couple of aquaintances. Many thanks.
- Always found the kind ladies I have consulted very kind, helpful and professional.
- So knowledgeable,patient and a willingness to listen.The same sort of injury affects different patients in differing ways, and it is clear that this is recognised by the therapists.My treatment was both beneficial and enjoyable due to the friendliness and professionalism of all I met.
- Sarah was extremely efficent and very friendly !!
- Excellent treatment felt very at ease and comfortable
- Gina worked with me on my ankle rehabilitation and every session was excellent. Any questions and concerns I had, were handled with care no matter what it was. I'm back to full health - and so quickly - only because of Gina and whilst I hope it doesn't happen again, I would always use Ask Physio for any of my needs. Fantastic team!
- Fantastic results after visiting Ask Physio a few months ago. I'd had shoulder pains for many years and after several different types of treatments with no lasting results, Gina successfully diagnosed the issue during the first visit. A couple of treatments later and the problem is finally solved. A very happy customer and I would highly recommend. Well done Ask Physio!
- Following the Hydrotherapy sessions I have now taken up swimming as a way of improve my fitness
- Your prompt and helpful service helped me when I was in a very painful condition.
- I have been to ASK Physio twice now with different conditions. I got an appointment within a week of contact, and was given a full assessment on both occasions. Sarah explained what she was going to do before she did, diagnosed and gave me exercises to complete to help with the conditions. I am pleased to say that both conditions were diagnosed and treated by Sarah and her "homework" for me in one session. If I had gone to the GP in the first instance, then waited for a physiotherapy appointment I could have been in pain and caused more long term damage in the process. I cannot reccomend ASK Physio enough!
- My ASK Physio experiences could not be better. I arrived with a condition which they talked me through quickly and clearly - a condition I'd lived with for 20 years and had misunderstood. ASK Physio made a correct and swift diagnosis and advised on simple corrective excercises. I can't recommend them more highly.
- At a time when I was receiving little or no help from my NHS GP the physios at ASK were a great source of expertise and support. I could not have better or more personal treatment.
- Following two sporting injuries, ASK immediately diagnosed the appropriate treatment and with their care and expertise had me back playing very quickly. Thank you to the team!
- I have been seen a few times for acupuncture absolutely brilliant my husband and stepmother also went through my recommendation
- It is a fantastic practice, I could not find fault with the service and Ginas knowledge was impressive. Ask Physio is a massive step up from any physio I have had, really first class. Well done to all involved.
- Ask Physio is a well run practice, with friendly, well qualified staff. Gina is highly experienced in my condition, Fibromyalgia and is incredibly supportive. I get information which helps me in between visits to improve and manage my condition. Finally, standards of hygiene are very good and patient care is a high priority.
- Sarah K was a miracle worker - I'd been suffering from a frozen shoulder for 4 months before going to see her and she fixed it like magic in just one session. I went for a second session and the improvement was even better, no pain, full range of motion restored and no further issues over a year and a half later.
- First class friendly service
- Excellent physiotherapy. I've used ASK physio for 4 times now and in each instance, the post surgical outcome has been excellent and this is primarily due to the physiotherapy and hydro therapy.
- My daughter with hypermobility was given a program of exercises from Sarah, I was amazed at how quickly she improved! Sarah is friendly, patient, and really clear with her instructions, I cannot recommend her and ASK Physio highly enough!
- Sarah listens to what you say and makes you feel very comfortable and at ease. I have absolute confidence in her treatment and particularly like her hands on approach
- The hydrotherapy has definitely improved the bend in my knee, Sarah Kinsella is very professional and supportive
- An excellent experience, 10/10 all round…A thorough analysis of the problem after a detailed assessment. I had tried a number of physios for the same problem with no success. Sarah surpassed all my expectations
- Gina took a thorough history and through a combination of tissue release, exercises and acupuncture, my shoulder has improved immensely. Great advice for a knee problem too. Very happy customer.
- As a former G.P. there are many aspects of Sarah Perry’s approach that impress me. Firstly she took a full general medical history followed by a history, Secondly she performed an appropriate examination relevant to my symptoms. Finally she treated my spine without recourse to electrical gadgets. She spent time teaching me exercises and ensuring that I fully understood them and followed them up with an email. I feel confident that she highly professional and competent.
- Acupuncture and hydrotherapy with staff from ASK Physio have improved my core strength considerably and lowered my pain levels making it possible for me to remain mobile, despite fibromyalgia coupled to arthritis and serious back problems. Recently, I have been able to delay hip replacement surgery, aided, in my Consultants opinion, to this strengthening regime and pain relief.
- Staff from ASK Physio have been helping me on the road to recovery since my motorbike accident 9 months ago in which I broke my leg. After seeing several physios over this time I was so impressed with the knowledge and care of the staff at ASK Physio, I now refuse to see anybody else! The combination of hydro and land therapy is a must for anybody with lower limb injuries. I cannot recommend ASK Physio enough.
- I went to Sarah from ASK Physio initially for hydro treatment and then progressed onto land based physio. She is professional and charming, making sessions effective and enjoyable. Hydro was perfect in the first few weeks after my injury (broken shoulder) and the subsequent land sessions helped regain my range of movement. I have no hesitation in recommending Sarah at ASK to anyone needing physio.
- Following an accident in which I broke both of my legs very badly, staff at ASK Physio were instrumental in getting me back on my feet and helping me to get my legs working again. I was very incapacitated for a while but used to really look forward to the sessions both on land and in the pool. The staff at ASK Physio are understanding and encouraging. The sessions were sometimes demanding but always worthwhile and I felt the benefits almost immediately after starting treatment. I cannot recommend ASK Physio highly enough.
- Following a total knee replacement, hydrotherapy has helped me regain confidence and improve muscle strength in a way that is both enjoyable and invigorating. Sarah is highly professional, has clear outcome goals and has encouraged me to work on my own to her exercise program. Importantly, she keeps in touch with my consultant and physiotherapists to ensure a comprehensive post-operative treatment program
- Fibromyalgia is an unpleasant, painful and complex condition which requires the highest of skills to maintain mobility, pain reduction and a positive outlook in the patient. Sarah has successfully treated a member of my family for many months in the hydrotherapy pool. I am grateful to her and impressed with the quality of her professional skills.
- Sarah's hydrotherapy sessions have brought me great relief & improved flexibility. Sarah was recommended to me 2 years ago after I'd undergone a left knee replacement and was having problems bending my knee. Having recently had surgery on my right knee, I could hardly wait to return. I have received individual 'land' treatment in addition to individual and group hydrotherapy. I find the combination not only beneficial towards recovery but also an enjoyable and therapeutic experience which gives a freedom of movement previously not possible. I really do recommend hydrotherapy.
- A friend recommended that I go for Hydrotherapy following my hip and ankle fractures. I quickly became more confident and more able to do things after starting my sessions. Anyone who has a mobility or strength problem, should try Hydrotherapy. My abilities improved, my frustration lessened and my confidence grew. I cannot recommend strongly enough that you consider Hydrotherapy as an option. My advice, give Sarah a ring.
- The staff from ASK Physio spend time explaining things to you so that you understand your condition. I found their knowledge and expertise second to none, and their hands on treatment excellent. I have now fully recovered from my knee injury.
- ASK Physio were wonderful with my daughter who has hypermobility syndrome. Their knowledge on the condition was so much better than any other Physio we had seen. My daughter really took to her Therapist. She is now doing well on the program that has been specifically designed for her. Thank-you ASK Physio!